Our Titanium Sump Bolts are made from aircraft grade titanium 6AL-4V (grade 5) and are suitable to replace both grade 5 and grade 8 steel bolts. They are fitted with a magnetic steel stud to attract foreign metal particles to help protect your engine.
These beautiful highly polished bolts have the added advantages of being 40% Lighter than the original steel bolts and are corrosion resistant.
|Material||Titanium Grade 5|
|Product Type||Engine Kits / Parts|
|Weight in Gms||15.9800|
|Country of Manufacture||United Kingdom|
|Head Style||Special - Allen Key|
|To Fit Allen Key Size||8mm|
Made from aircraft grade titanium 6AL-4V (grade 5), the outstanding benefits are that we roll the threads to produce greater fatigue strength and reduce galling. These bolts are in excess of 120,000psi ultimate tensile strength, suitable to replace both Grade 5 and Grade 8 steel bolts. We offer Race Spec drilled Flanged Hex Head Bolts, Flanged Hex Head, Tapered Socket Cap, Countersunk Bolts, Dome Head Bolts, Nuts and Washers – from 3mm to 12mm.
- Density4420kg/m3 (276lb/ft3)
- Young's Modulus 110GPa (16 x 106 psi)
- Yield Strength 828MPa (120 x 103 psi)
- Ultimate Tensile Strength 1030MPa (149 x 103 psi)
- Compressive Strength 960MPa (139 x 103 psi)
- Shear Modulus43GPa (6.24 x 106 psi)
- Ductility 10% elongation at break
- Poisson's Ratio0.34
- Hardness 36 Rockwell C
- Strength-to-Weight Ratio 187 kNm/kg
- Stiffness-to-Weight Ratio 24.9 Mnm/kg
Black Titanium: Long lasting finish resulting from an application of Diamond Like Coating (DLC). This unique finish increases the fastener lifetime and helps to prevent galling whilst providing a supreme hardness and offering the optimum in corrosion resistance thanks to a nanocomposite coating.
- Motorcycle BMW S1000R 14+
- Motorcycle BMW S1000RR 10-14
- Motorcycle BMW HP4 12-14
- Motorcycle BMW S1000RR 15+